As part of the efforts of the leaders of the country to tackle the rising tide of insurgency and terrorism in the country, the federal government of nigeria have in her understanding and wisdom, established The Nigerian Army University. The Nigeria army university is located at Biu, Borno state. The choice of Borno state as the location of the university may be due to the increasing rate at which the Book haram terror group have attacked the state in the recent past. The university is located in the heart of the North east, Nigeria.
The Nigeria Army university is the newest university established in the country, with the sole aim of providing the Nigerian military with needed man power to man the various technical units of the military.
The institution aspires to become a leading University in Nigeria and a centre of excellence spearheading scientific and technological innovations and breakthroughs.
For persons that may be interested in studying at the school, here are some basic information that u need to know:
- The main focus of the university is to strengthen the Nigerian Army and the nation through sound and innovative uses of science and technology.
- According to the managment of the University, the students’ population will comprise 25% military and 75% civilian, while the staff will be a productive mix of military and civilian intellectuals drawn from all fields of life.
- The Nigerian Army University is located in Biu, a town and a Local Government Area (LGA) in southern Borno State. It occupies an area of 5074 hectares.
- The Nigerian Army Universityis established to run on the principles of creativity, self-reliance and self-sufficiency.
- The University is currently being projected to compete with the very best 50 in the world by 2050.
- Apart from running some courses, you’ll find in conventional universities, there will also be a Faculty of Military Technology and a Faculty of Military Policy, Logistics and Strategy have been added to set it apart.
- The University has seven faculties, they are: Science, Technology, Military Technology, Social Sciences, Environmental Studies, Administrative and Management Studies, Military Policy, Logistics and Strategies, as well as Schools and Centres.
The Nigerian Army University (NAUB) Courses and Programmes.
- ARABIC STUDIES
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CRIMINOLOGY AND SECURITY STUDIES
- CYBER SECURITY
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- METALLURGICAL AND MATERIAL ENGINEERING
- MILITARY HISTORY
- PEACE STUDIES AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
- SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
- TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
NSCDC Shortlisted Candidates for Screening 2019/2020
The Nigerian security and civil defense commission (NSDC) popularly called Civil defense is one of the law enforcement agencies in Nigeria which have been delivering its duties diligently without fear or favour.
The civil defense which some have argued to have performed more tham the police force have been up and doing especially in safe guiding the nations public property.
It was to this end that the federal government entrusted the security of the nations oil pipeline to their hands for adequate protection against pipeline vandals.A task that they have been carrying out tremendously as it is evident in the drastic reduction of the number of vandalised piple line cases nation wide. To enable the commission continue discharging their duties, they announced for the recruitment of Able men and women that upgrade their squad.
Therefore, following the successful closure of the online application portal, candidates
who have completed their application for the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) 2019 Nationwide Civil Defence Recruitment and Are currently looking for the list of candidates shortlisted for screening exercise? Here is the right place to check updated with NSCDC latest news on shortlisted candidates.
Read more about NSCDC Shortlisted Candidates for Screening 2019/2020