The University of Zambia, School of Public Health, is now accepting applications from middle income countries for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship programmes 2019/2020 academic session. The deadline for submission of Application is 30th April, 2019
This is to inform general public Especially Postgraduate; about Ongoing Scholarship at University of Zambia, School of Public Health, interested Candidates, invites to apply for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship programmes which will be offered for the academic year commencing September 2019 for the following two-year full-time.
- Master of Science, Epidemiology
- Master of Public Health, Health Promotion and Education
- Master of Public Health, Health Policy and Management
The scholarship is supported by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, co-sponsored by UNICEF, UNDP, the World Bank, and WHO. The vision of TDR is that the health and wellbeing of people burdened by infectious diseases of poverty is improved through research and innovation.
The scholarship recipients will conduct their thesis projects on Implementation Research on infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), malaria and tuberculosis, in their home countries. Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students.
Implementation Research focuses on the systematic approach to understanding and addressing barriers to effective and quality implementation of health interventions, strategies and policies. For more Further information on implementation research click on the link below: http://adphealth.org/irtoolkit/
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Zambia Eligibility.
- Be residents in and nationals of low- and middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank) in the WHO African Region.
- Be 35 years old or younger.
- Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from any recognised university.
- Be proficient in English.
- Provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before commencement of programme.
* Please note that women and candidates from non-English speaking countries in Africa are particularly encouraged to apply.
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Zambia Benefits.
This TDR Postgraduate Scholarship covers:
- Return economy airfare between home country of the candidate and Zambia
- Basic medical and accident insurance
- Support for research project thesis/dissertation expenses and supervision, including travel and sustenance during data collection
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation equivalent to local living cost
- English course for non-English speaking candidates.
How to Apply for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Zambia.
Application forms can be obtained from the University of Zambia website: https://www.unza.zm/schools/public-health/applications
Required documents are listed in the application form.
Completed and signed application forms, accompanied by a motivation letter in Word format, should be submitted to Dr Choolwe Nkwemu Jacobs, University of Zambia, School of Public Health: email@example.com. Please clearly state in your email subject line ‘Application for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship‘.
Deadline: 30th April, 2019.
Thanks for reading,for more posts like this,pls, subscribe to mysteadygist.com and also like our page by clicking the social buttons of your choice below