Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. See the requirements, qualifications and how to apply for research assistant – data collector at Jhpiego below.
Jhpiego hereby invite from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant – Data Collector
|Application Closing Date||
research assistant – data collector at Jhpiego
Jhpiego is an “international non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University.
Jhpiego, Johns Hopkins Medicine continues to lead the industry in developing collaborative platforms for improving health care delivery around the world.
Diverse and inclusive, Johns Hopkins Medicine:
- Educates medical students, scientists, health care professionals and the public
- Conducts biomedical research
- Provides patient-centered medicine to prevent, diagnose and treat human illness.
- The Data Collectors are expected to participate in a 4-day pre-assessment training workshop, and responsible for completing the following tasks under the guidance and supervision of the State Coordinator and Project Director.
- Participate in Training and debrief meetings.
- Provide updates to Jhpiego study team throughout the period of performance through an online platform.
Data collection preparation:
- Ensure required tools, consent forms are complete
- Identify communities within the LGAs and plan visits.
- Tablets/Mobile phones/audio recorders will be utilized to record key informant interview and FGDs responses.
- Travel to LGA of assignment and visit all communities within the LGA.
- Pay advocacy visits to Community gate keepers to solicit their support and necessary information
- Scope and identify institutions (governmental, non-governmental, faith-based, community based organizations, civil society organizations etc.) in the area that provide services relevant for survivors of GBV
- Map existing GBV services in and around communities.
Quality Assurance of Data Cleaning:
- Coordinate with data analyst to ensure consistency and quality of interview transcripts in English.
- Respond to any follow-up requests from Jhpiego study Team related to data collection or data cleaning.
- Completed Qualitative interviews (KIIs) and transcribed and reported FGDs.
- Completed documented mapping of GBV services across sectors.
- Minimum of BSc in Social Sciences or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in qualitative/quantitative data collection, specifically conducting in-depth interviews and experience in probing for clearer answers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, patience and problem-solving abilities, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Excellent report writing skills in English.
- Familiarity with gender and gender-based violence programming is desirable and will be an added advantage
- Must be resident and have good working knowledge of the State and LGAs of interest.
Application Closing Date
The deadline for submission of research assistant – data collector application at Jhpiego is on 15th September, 2019.
How to Apply for Research Assistant, Data Collector
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail
|If this post is helpful for you, do share it to your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterestor Email it to friends. Use the link buttons below|