OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is now accepting applications from outstanding young individuals or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2019/2020 from developing countries. The deadline for submission of applications is 14th April, 2019
The OFID Scholarship Award supports outstanding young individuals from developing countries so that they are able to pursue graduate studies in a development-related field. The program, which is currently in its thirteenth year of operation, has to date helped over 50 young people complete their education.
OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Scholarship Requirements.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application;
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent;
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent;
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2018, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree;
- Must be a national of a developing country—please refer to the list of eligible countries.
Please note: that nationals of OFID Member Countries
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Are ineligible to apply for OFID scholarships
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Scholarship Benefits.
- The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution. Health insurance will be paid in accordance with the institution’s own standard medical scheme
- A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account
- Prior to the start of his/her first year studies, the student will be paid a relocation grant. OFID will also pay for travel costs from the nearest airport to the student’s place of residence, to the nearest airport to the chosen place of study. Upon completion of the studies, the student will be paid the cost of one-way air ticket to his/her home country
- A completed online application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A scanned copy of the transcripts/certificates from the highest level of education completed.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program.
- A proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
Guidelines to Apply for OFID Scholarship.
Read the application guidelines. A complete application includes the following documents: Use the OFFICIAL LINK TO APPLY
[button link=”https://webportalapp.com/appform/login/ofidscholarship2019″ icon=”Select a Icon” side=”left” target=”” color=”4a24e3″ textcolor=”ffffff”]CLICK HERE [/button]