JAMB Recommended Novel Sweet Sixteen Questions 2019 and Answers for CBT Exams…JAMB Sweet Sixteen Questions 2019.
You wanna know the possible likely questions from the JAMB Recommended Novel (Sweet Sixteen) right? Don’t worry, you are at the right place. Here, On this Articles, I will put you through on sample most likely set questions for the forth coming… April 11th, 2019
Lot of student from differs angles, love asking us series of questions about JAMB UTME Text. Trust me, sweet sixteen novel will definitely carry lot of marks, especially in the literature section of your english exercise. Probably, you won’t forgive yourself, if happens that, you bye-pass the novel. Stay wise!
Important Fact in the Novel.
- Author of Sweet 16:- Bolaji Abdullahi
- Genre:- Genre means a type of art, literature, or music characterized by a specific form, content, and style. The Genre of Sweet Sixteen is Fiction
- Number of Pages:- 157
- Publication Year: Sweet sixteen was published on February 1, 2017.
You Can Also Read: 2019 UTME: JAMB Postponted Printing Of Exam Slips To Thursday, April 4
Time Frame for Reading the Text. “Sweet Sixteen”
JAMB Recommended Text – Sweet Sixteen. We realize that if you study 10 pages daily, it will take you approximately 15 days to finish the Jamb 2019 novel Sweet Sixteen. I would advise you to read the novel at least two times before Jamb exam date.
Please Note: You can now get the recommended text Sweet Sixteen at any Bookstores nationwide or at any JAMB accredited computer-based centres. Better still, the novel will be issued to every candidate after the registration.
Detailed Summary of the Text – “Sweet Sixteen”.
Description Of The Sweet Sixteen
Aliya has to constantly remind her father that she is not a child but ‘a young adult.’ He does not always agree with her.
But now that she is turning sixteen, he is sitting up and taking notice. The expected birthday card from him is replaced by a present and no holds barred letter – a page for each year she has lived.
It chronicles the lessons he has tried to teach her and the wisdom he has attempted to pass to her. It unburdens the burning questions she has about life and sometimes shows through the cluelessness of parental units.
Aliya questions who she is and why she is; with her father as a guide on this journey of discovery. An engaging coming of age guide on life and love for the teenage girl.
In Bolaji Abdullahi’s Sweet Sixteen, the protagonist, 16-year-old Aliya, whom her father refers to adoringly as ‘My First Lady,’ bombards her father with questions, some of which threw her journalist father off balance.
‘’Okay Daddy, what does HAK and KOTL mean?,’’Aliya asked. And when the father expressed his ignorance of the acronyms, Aliya gleefully supplied them; ‘’HAK means ‘Hugs and Kisses’ while KOTL means ‘Kiss On The Lips’.
Jamb Sweet Sixteen (21) Questions And Answers
- Question 1. According to the novel, Akin is known to be?
Answer: talkative and lazy
- Question 2. Bolaji Abdullahi’s “Sweet Sixteen” is written in?Answer: First person narrative
- Question 3. Although, many people thought Grace was a snob but Aliya thinks she was? Answer: Nice and Generous
- Question 4. The novel “Sweet Sixteen” is published by? Answer: Masobe Books
- Question 5. At what point did Aliya start to consider being a lawyer as a career? Answer: When she found Grisham’s book at the library.
- Question 6. In the novel, Aliya is assertive that whenever anyone wants her father’s full attention should? Answer: Tell him a story
- Question 7. According to the sweet sixteen novel, which of these society has “Fat-farms”, where girls were force-fed to fatten them up in the novel? Answer: Mauritania
- Question 8. The spinal bond document gift from Aliya’s father has on it, which of these bold inscriptions? Answer: Letter to my Daughter
- Question 9. According to the novel, which of these character is described as a clear gold medalist?Answer: Akin
- Questions 10. What does HAK mean in the book? Answer: Hugs and kisses.
- Questions 11. As a child, Aliya hated to be called a child but a Answer: Young adult
- Questions 12. According to the Novel, K.P.C is a social media language that means Answer: Keep the parent clueless
- Questions 13. Which of these is a constant presence in Aliya’s life?Answer: Her Ventolin Inhaler
- Questions 14. Who is Mr. Bello’s favourite musician? Answer: Mr. Bello listened to Fela’s music and other songs too but his favourite musician is Ali Farka Toure which is from Mali
- Questions 15. Whenever Aliya’s mum stops being angry, she Answer: sings around the house
- Questions 16. Apart from the Malian singer, who was Mr. Bello’s favourite, whose music does he like too? Answer: Fela’s music
- Questions 17. Which of the gifts Aliya receives from her father had she requested for her 16th birthday? Answer: The compact digital camera
- Questions 18. According to the novel, at what time was Aliya so sure that she wanted to be a pilot? Answer: About entering senior class
- Questions 19. Due to Aliya’s health condition, she suggests donating which of these to the school clinic?Answer: Nebuliser
- Questions 20. Being generous, according to Mr. Bello means Answer: going out of your way to make others happy
- Question 21. Which of these stories was told by Aliya’s father to teach her kindness even to unkind people in the novel? Answer: The slave and the slaver