ECOWAS Recruitment 2020 | Latest application portal: We urge you to stay connected to this page , as we will continue to update you on the latest developments about the Economic Community of West African States
The economic community of west African States ECOWAS has announced its officially the beginning of her Recruitment exercise for the 2020 calendar year. The announcement came as an apt response of the body towards tackling the bad menance of unemployment among the youths of the member states.
ECOWAS Recruitment 2020
Recall vividly that ECOWAS is the supreme body that governs all the west African nations, especially as it regards their economic status in the global market. ECOWAS has since been commended for its unrelenting efforts in makinf sure that all member States are well protected and projected before the international community.
For instance, in Nigeria since 2009, that the country started experiencing insurgency and acts of terrorism, the ECOWAS as a body have been instrumental to Nigeria in winning their fight against insurgency and banditary. This they have demonstrated by setting up a joint military task which has as members soldiers drawn across all the memeber states.
The ECOWAS, in their recent plenary session noted the role of unemployment in the increasing rate of terrorism in the western region as a whole. They noted with dismay that the unemployed youths and preesons who does not have anything valid to engage themselves in have been the ones the devil have been using to deal with us.
The ECOWAS has globally received commendations for their readiness in addressing issues affecting their member states. One of the decisions of ECOWAS which is currently been lauded is the introduction of the eco currency, the eco currency is aimed at being one universal currency for all its member states.the decision just came in just after their decision to have the ECOWAS international passport. For all of the above , one can understand that ECOWAS as a body is truly committed to the fight against any form of marginalization of its members.
Introduction about ECOWAS
ECOWAS was created with the aims
- create a region that will be border less, where the population of the region will have access to the regions resources and will be able to exploit it through the use if opportunity creation and in a sustainable terrain. The ECOWAS has since it’s creation had some member States which are purely from the west African region .the member States or countries that currently make up ECOWAS include; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’ Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal and Togo.
VACANT POSITIONS AT ECOWAS ,NIGERIA.
- Junior Accountant, Community Levy Analysis & Reconciliation officer.
- Procurement Officer in the department of Goods, Physical Services and works.
- Junior Accountant, Financial report officer.
- Market and research officer.
- Programme Officer.
- Protocol Assistant.
- Principal Programme Officer – Competition and Economic Research.
- Project Driver.
- Project Office Assistant
- Individual Consultant officer.
ECOWAS Recruitment 2020 General Requirements
All Applicants are expected to not be above 35 years of age and below 18 years at the time of applying.
All candidates should be able to undertake project management activities on their own with no or little supervision.
All interested applicants are expected to be holders of at least a Bachelor’s Degree/HND
All applicants should have good Communication (Oral and written) Skills
It is also expected that all applicants must be Computer literate as it will help them in the fast execution of their tasks.
All applicants should be able to work under pressure in an environment of cultural variations.
The official recruitment form can be Downloaded online from or register with the official portal careers.ecowas.int.
It is important to note that we currently do not know when the Economic Community of West African States recruitment exercise will be closing, but we will update you when ever we find out.