Nigeria, British Council Nigeria is Recruiting for Suitably Candidates with National Diploma or equivalent, Intermediate level driving certificate to apply for Driver at British Council Nigeria. The deadline for submission application is 25th April, 2019 (23:59 UK time)
About British Council Nigeria
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Type. Full-time
- Job Title: Driver
- Location: Edo
- Role Type: Business Delivery
- Pay Band: 1/K
- Department: Education & Society
- Duration: Fixed term (till January 2021)
- Reports to: State Office Admin & Resource Assistant
Driver at British Council Nigeria Role Purpose
- The Driver will be responsible for providing safe, secure and efficient transportation of personnel and resources and taking proper care of vehicles in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
Responsibilities and Main Duties
- Clearly providing timely communication regarding transport arrangements and any changes to transport users and the State Programme Coordinator.
- Raising advances relating to journeys and making retirements according to agreed time standards for same.
- To render transport assistance to officers and or consultants involved in programme delivery activities.
- To undertake logistical support to designated workshops, meetings and events according to stated requirements.
- Carry out routine mail dispatch service as may be required.
Vehicle Maintenance and record management:
- Ensure vehicles are serviced in line with the service schedule and that periodic routine vehicle checks are made and that defects and damage are reported promptly. Vehicles are clean and refuelled regularly.
- Daily internal and external maintenance checks on all programme vehicles to ensure all vehicles are roadworthy before the start of any journey.
- Carry out driving and transportation duties in relation to travel bookings, activity and event management and maintain vehicle log books, journey and fuel records.
Team Support and Contribution:
- To assist in taking photographs in events and assembling newspaper and magazine clips where necessary and practical.
- To seek to understand the interdependencies and connections that the FCR programmes have with other organisations and manage such relationships within own work area.
- Excellent customer service delivery as the first point of contact to British Council visitors and colleagues at the airport.
- Provide ad hoc advice and information to visitors regarding the local area and transport facilities (programme and non-programme).
Continuous Professional Development:
- To ensure personal development on IT skills for wider adminstrative assistance.
- Regular Defensive Driver Training courses to be arranged by the British Council
Driver at British Council Nigeria Key Relationships:
- National Programme Managers, Technical Lead, Operation Managers, State Programme Coordinator (SPC), Procurement and Estate Manager, HR Manager, Finance Manager, Programme Officers, Admin and Resource Assistants.
- Other members of the Support Team
- All Visiting National and International Consultants
- Other Project Teams
- External relationship management where appropriate (i.e. linked to function of role), to include: EU, consultants, external partner organisations, MDAs etc.
Driver at British Council Nigeria Qualifications and Requirements
- National Diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate level driving certificate
- Person specification language
- Fluent written and spoken Hausa
Driver at British Council Nigeria Role & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a driver with an international organization
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function.
- Knowledge of traffic rules and road network in the region.
- Experience of work in an FCR project.
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context.
- Basic mechanical knowledge
Driver at British Council Nigeria Role Specific Skills
- Basic IT skills including word and excel.
- Advanced driving skills
- Customer services
- Participation in previous defensive driver training.
British Council Core Skills:
- Communicating and Influencing (Level 1) Communicates clearly and effectively – Listens to others and expresses self clearly, with grammatical accuracy and awareness of a diverse audience in speaking and writing..
- Planning and Organising (Level 1) Is methodical – Able to plan own work over short timescales for routine or familiar tasks and processes.
British Council Behaviours
Being accountable (Essential):
- Putting the needs of the team or British Council ahead of my own
Making it happen (Essential):
- Challenging myself and others to deliver and measure better results
Working together (Essential):
- Ensuring that others benefit as well as me
Creating a shared purpose (Essential):
- Communicating an engaging picture of how we can work together
Submit your CV and Application Online by Clicking on the link Botten below [button link=”https://jobs.britishcouncil.org/Vacancies/W/7623/0/227076/5448/driver-edo-nigeria?utm_source=external&utm_term=sub-saharan-africa-nigeria-lagos-education-and-society-business-solutions-locally-appointed-grade-k&utm_content=driver-edo-nigeria&utm_campaign=british-council-recruitment&utm_medium=AtsViewLink” icon=”Select a Icon” side=”left” target=”” color=”16783a” textcolor=”ffffff”]Apply Now[/button] Click here to download BC Behaviour (pdf) Click here to download BC Core Skills (pdf)
- As part of the recruitment exercise, shortlisted candidates will undergo driving assessment as part of the selection process.
- Short-listing is carried out against the essential knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience as specified in the Role Profile which accompanies this. Were required, desirable skills can also be used
We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to MySteadyGist@Gmail.Com