The cost of each ABU postgraduate admission form is ten thousand (N10,000.00) naria only and the bank charges of five hundred naria (N500.00) only. See the requirements and how to obtain ABU postgraduate form below.
Bello University (ABU), Zaria, invites Suitably QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR Admission into the postgraduate programmes of the School for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
This is to inform the general public that Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Postgraduate admission form for the 2019/2020 academic session is Out.
The school Authority of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, is now selling the postgraduate application forms for admission into its programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session.
ABU Postgraduate Admission form & Entry Requirements.
- An applicant for Postgraduate studies must have met the normal undergraduate requirements of at least five relevant O’ level credits or a combination of relevant O’ level credits and A ‘level qualifications (in a maximum of 2 sittings) such as IJMB, HND, HSC, NCE, etc. In all cases these must include a credit in O’ level English Language and Mathematics (where required).
- A holder of HND (minimum of an Upper Credit) or equivalent is ordinarily not qualified for Masters Admission except where he/she has acquired an additional qualification such as a PGD in the same or related field whereby he/she may be admitted.
- Applicants with 3rd class Degrees can, in some cases, be admitted, provided they possess additional relevant qualifications such as a PGD and/or post-graduation work experience (at least 5 years) acceptable to the University.
- Holders of Pass Degree or HND (lower than an Upper Credit) are not eligible for postgraduate studies in ABU.
- PhD applicants must hold a Master degree with a research thesis component (not project). Candidates with a CGPA score of less than 3.5 are not eligible for PhD admission.
- Where a PhD applicant is judged to be deficient, has a professional Master’s degree or Masters without a Thesis component, he/she maybe considered for an M.Phil.
- Applicants who earn a minimum CGPA of a 3.5 at the end of the M.Phil. programme shall be upgraded to proceed with the relevant PhD study.
- Applicants for PhD programmes are expected to liaise with the relevant departments/programmes prior to selection of their proposed research areas to ascertain the department’s capability to host their proposed study.
- Where a Master or PhD student is unable to complete his/her study within the stipulated time, such a student shall be awarded the relevant PGD or M.Phil. respectively (where applicable).
How to Apply for ABU Postgraduate Admission Form.
Suitably qualified candidates are required to go to https://spgs.abu.edu.ng/forms/ to create an account to obtain a unique Transaction ID which you will use to pay for your application form.
All PG application forms cost =N=10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only. However, the banks will also charge a token administrative fee in addition to the cost of application forms.
Some Programmes REQUIRE candidates to write Entrance Examinations. The dates, venues and times of the examinations shall be communicated in due course.
ABU postgraduate admission form closing date
The deadline for submission of ABU postgraduate admission application form: closes 4th October, 2019.
- THE COST OF EACH APPLICATION FORM IS TEN THOUSAND NAIRA (N10,000.00) ONLY AND BANK CHARGES OF FIVE HUNDRED NAIRA (N500.00) ONLY.
- THE DURATION OF THE SALE OF APPLICATION FORMS AND SUBMISSION IS FROM 5™ AUGUST, 2019 TO 4th OCTOBER, 2019.
- Ph.D APPLICANTS MUST UPLOAD A PROPOSAL AND ALSO MAKE A HARD COPY AVAILABLE TO BE SENT BY POST TO THE HEAD OF DEPARTMENT OF WHERE THE PROGRAMMED DOMICILED.
- THE PHONE NUMBERS AND E-MAIL ADDRESSES OF THE APPLICANT SHOULD REFLECT IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
- PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE BASIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS OF FIVE O’LEVEL CREDITS INCLUDING ENGLISH AND OR MATHEMATICS IN NOT MORE THAN TWO SITTINGS.
Previous Post: Ahmadu Bello Unverstiy (ABU) Admission List
Next Post: LASU Postgraduate Batch J Admission List